I saw this DVD in TW last year during Art Fest 06. K wanted to buy initially but the price was a bit steep. I was told that this show was good.
But I wasn't that sure about it. The storyline is taken from "Phantom of the Opera". I have seen TMY's earlier version and I didn't quite like it.
The next thing that I saw that the main female cast was played by LLQ. I became even doubtful of this show. I don't think LLQ can be better than XXN. She may be much younger however she is still very "raw" in many areas.
She is by default pretty but she doesn't shine when she puts on opera makeup. She lacks the classic traditional looks.
Her voice quality is a bit odd and weak. I don't like her way of singing. She simply has no GZX taste in her singing.
Too skinny, too frail, hence could not bring out her presence on stage.
Once again I feel a little disappointed with TMY. She can be better. But from her eyes, I can tell that she has not put in enough concentration and focus in this role. It is such a waste.
TMY shone better as a 2nd sheng in earlier productions. Even when she was in Holo Opera troupe during her early days, she was much better.
In comparison, XYF's "Guai Pian Ji" or we nicknamed as the "Con Show" is more entertaining than TMY's.
I wouldn't say that XYF's show is flawless. There are some areas that are head-shaking...(LOL)
However the cast in XYF's show is much stronger than the ones in TMY's.
One very good pointer was that quite a handful of XYF's cast could sing well. The music is better than TMY's as the latter used too much orchestra background which somehow dilute the taste of GZX.
ML complained that the background music made her want to sleep.
Hahaha....I think ML simply cannot take "Phantom of the opera".
This is the 3rd Phantom of Opera that made ML want to sleep. (LOL)
Monday, February 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
haha.. i have not watch phanthom of opera b4 - i will be watching this round at esplanade. hope i wont fall asleep... my colleagues like it! xj
huh..you watched oreli? then what are we going to do on fri nite at your place? still on? based on your after critique sounds a bit disappointing.. what other tmy show is good..da mo yan zhi? lemme know what is our prog on fri..jen haven confirm joining..kiki
Well, I can watch again. Perhaps u may find the show alrite. ^^
XJ: By default, the one at Esplanade is highly acclaimed and should be very nice. ^^
Btw, my house has tons of GZX to watch....(LOL)
Hi.... i thk i need to do OT on Fri, so cant join this round la. xj
XJ: Dun get too worried about your OT. If you can make it, you are welcome to join us once your work is completed.
I used to think that work is very very important but sometimes if I can steal some time for a destress meetup, I will look forward to it.
Oh yeah, I suddenly remember that I have one more GZX that all of us have not watched it yet.
Ah Niu's Xi Shi...(LOL)
Only caters to KH Buddies... ^^
At least my dog Kash has already known who the KH Buddies are.. (LOL)
XJ, do come if you can make it. My dog would love to see you again. (LOL)
Ah Niu's "Xi Shi" not bad.. I like the wedding scene, looks glam and fantasy... Ah Niu's headgear and costumes looked very big and bulky, but I think suits the scene lor..
Oh yeah....there is a singer by the name of Wan Fang in TMY's Phantom of the OPera....
OMG...she gives me the creeps...I prefer that gal who looked for Master LIU in Peach Blossoms than this creep here.
The way that she slanted her waist...was so........unbelievable...I dun believe that she wun twist it...(LOL)
Oki. see how la.
i think i got too many things lined up, too many things i want to do. Got to let go some else sleep also not enough:p
xj
Post a Comment