Lesser blinking lights, no more flying acrobats, odd fashion parade and REVUE OMG!!!
I was sort of glad that there was an absence of "flying acrobats". However, at the end of the show, they had a REVUE.
A revue is a series of songs and dances whom the artistes would be wearing sparkling and feathered costumes. They tried to imitate Takarazuka but as a Takarazuka fan, I really couldn't stand their style as many of them couldn't really sing or dance well. In addition, their imitation really failed badly. There wasn't any "chemistry" on the stage and it left me stunned and bewildered. If Qin were to be there, I think she would start scolding as we are the ones who truely see and know how beautiful Takarazuka is!
The opera show was slightly better on the lst night though its storyline was very weak. The linkages in the show were kind of broken and the way that they changed their costumes was absurd.
Common sense would tell you that a prisoner being ascorted wouldn't have the "privilege" of changing a new costume. Somehow, somewhere in the desert glasslands, he got himself a nice sparkling costume that made him look like some rich guy instead of a condemned prisoner.
Met CGL before the show, he told me that he just wanted to see the show for fun though he never harbour any high hopes in the standard of the show.
Well, I can't blame him for such a mindset as the style of the show is really very different from the usual ones that we watch.
Last but not least, whoever says that GZX is easy to sing, I don't really agree.
But if you say that GZX is easier to sing than Xiangju, I do agree.
To sing GZX well isn't that simple. Even quite a handful of GZX's original inhabitants can't sing it well.
Monday, February 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment