
AC did a very nice job in giving our 2004's Song Dynasty Palace a new look and also put in both English and Chinese subtitles into our very KH owned produced DVD.
Frankly speaking we didn't sing very well in this show. Though it was our first time to stage this show in Singapore's most glamourous Esplanade Theatre, I believe if we were to be given a second chance, we would do better.

I gave "Song Dynasty Palace" another run last night. Till now I still do not have the "guts" to review it from the beginning to the end.
Had several smses with XJ, reviewing our strengths and weaknesses.
(Below is just a rough estimate)
Able to sing but inappropriate packaging - Abt 60% of being well-liked by audience
Not able to sing but with nice packaging - Gained points on the nice packaging which we called "同情分”
Able to sing with nice packaging - 人气指数颇为高, around 85% and above
Not able to sing and with inappropriate packaging - Audience won't like you that much.
I was told that it would be best to focus and build a super strength rather than be an overall all rounder.
My latest 战力指数 reviewed by my stage partner;
My strength as well as also a weakness is that I am put into the category of a "all-rounder".
Singing is my strongest field but may hinder due to acting vast roles, became diluted and confused as I crossover to different types of roles.
Singing - 9/10
Acting - 8.5/10
Appearance Packaging - 8.5/10
Movement and gestures (Sheng) - 9/10
Movement and gestures (Dan) - 6.5/10
Stage Presence - 8.5/10
Popularity - 8/10
Wow...It is nice to have a stage partner who has great confidence in you. (LOL)
It makes me look like an outstanding student in KH.
XJ is just being too kind and lovely. *maucks*
Self-reflection is as follows;
Singing - 7.5/10
I feel that I can improve further. I have difficulties in switching from a sheng's voice to a dan's and also from an "adult" to a "child". Sometimes wrong types of tones get into incorrect types of roles...(LOL)
Acting - 7/10
I am very bad in romance scenes. I find hard to "fall in love" and I feel more at ease depending on whom I act opposite with. Not professional right...(LOL)
Appearance Packaging - 7.5/10
Appearance is something that I always stress alot. I may look very ordinary off-stage cos basically I am not the type to go for makeup and girlist stuff. Quite lazy rite? (LOL) But when come to stage, makeup alone takes quite some time because I like clean and nice makeup. ^^
Movement and gestures (Sheng) - 7/10
My main role is Xiaosheng. I go for clean and clear cut movements, that is my aim. ^^
Movement and gestures (Dan) - 4.5/10
Yucky and terrible. My dan is simply horrifying!!!
Stage Presence - 7/10
I make myself seen and heard. That's my aim.
Popularity - 7/10
My audience gives me the support and encouragement that KH sometimes fails to give me. If not for them, I don't think I can survive this long. ^^
Lately...I have not much feel in my Chinese opera...
JIRO!!!JIRO!!!JIRO!!!
But I can't JIRO all the time as someone may get "jealous"...(LOL)
3 comments:
I have been waiting for this show to be release in VCD but in vain. This show is of good standard in many aspects. I like it. How nice if able to watch it again.
Mx very strict in your own assessment but I remember you did well in this show and many other shows. You are indeed an all "rounder" hahaha
Not much feel on chinese opera, cos your feel has been eroding by Hana kimi show mah. Jiro basically keep you company day and night, wahahaha.( impression from your blog entries). Nothing wrong to give yourself a break lah, happiness makes one stay young k.. I am not saying you are old of course...hahaha
CNY coming liao..JIRO JIRO JUDO...ouch!
pk
Jiro Jiro Jiro!!!!
Well, tell you something which wasn't recorded on tape... the moment I stepped onto the raised platform after your first song in scene 1, I almost lost my balance and fell backwards! Wahahahaha.... luckily I immediately took one step back to regain my balance, or else it'll be a great malu.. hahaha....
Post a Comment