Thursday, February 22, 2007

SYR's Singing Cum KH's rehearsals

SYR sang GZX to us over QQ. Wow...she can sing GZX so well. In fact she sings better than any of us. I think she can pass to sing GZX in TW. ^^

So nice, how I wish I can also sing as well as her. ^^

Well, at least I have to wait for my cough to subside......

Saturday is the start of our KH's series of rehearsals... GRrr...............

XJ has to learn her "Bai Mu Dan". She is going to partner with the TOP in this show.

As for me... same old destiny... A pageboy to the TOP. GRrr...............

But TOP will never be a pageboy to me, NEVER......The combination would look odd.

Good for XJ, her wish is granted.

May KH bless her on her path to TOP. (LOL)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

KH sheng's role seems to be rather bias. Most of the major Sheng role is done by a particular person. I think it would be nice to give others a chance, especially people who are perfectly capable. My observation is there are a few who are able to upgrade but were not given opportunity to attempt. It is demoralising to any capable actors who always do minor roles and it is even worst to see the same person to dominate the major position. As an audience, I do not mind new faces at all.
Wah, dam risky saying this sort of thing here, later kena blacklisted...how ah...

pk

Anonymous said...

thanks! xj

amai said...

In TW GZX, the emphasis is usually on Shengs rather than Dans. However in Xiangju, if you have analysed the XJ's scripts, the stories usually lie on the Dans.
Recently, there may be a possiblity that Sheng's roles will be given a much heavier task as local audience prefers to see xiaoshengs more than dans. (Female shengs to be more precise.)

Guess the leader has already put it into practice since last year. In "Bloodshed at the Palace", according to the old script, more emphasis was put onto the Princess' role. Due to some mighty goody goody reasons, quite a few of the princess' and other 2nd lead roles had been cut.

Of course, the TOP MANAGEMENT's decisions are final. (LOL)

You don't have to worry about being blacklisted as you are only an audience. In KH, we need AUDIENCE but we dun need TOP SHENGS & TOP DANS. Two are just nice and sweet. Three would be a "handful" and four would be "too much". (LOL)

As an audience, you have the right to voice out your feedback. But alas, I don't think I can feedback on your behalf as it is quite a sensitive issue.

You are somehow right on the line that it is indeed demoralising to any capable actors who always do minor roles. I do agree with you that it is even worst to see the same person dominating the major roles. However there is one way to help you to offset this very negative feeling of seeing the same old person. You can try to switch your attention to her and make yourself a fan of her. Hence you won't find that it isn't a difficult task at all. You may even regret your words later, who knows. ^^

amai said...

But it is harmless and it is meaningful to set targets for oneself. The targets help to strive you on.

Just like you would target a 100% passes in your pupils' results.

Similarly I set my target that I want to be a TOP. (LOL)

Even if I am not a TOP in name, I still wish to have TOP CALIBRE.

For shengs, to fight to TOP aren't easy. You need to take on bigger responsibilities and higher stress level.

To get to TOP DAN is relatively easier.

I don't think the TOP SHENG would "retire" that soon comparatively. (LOL)

Someone ever suggested that I should switch my sheng to being a dan. Hence I have higher chances to be the TOP DAN.

But I DECLINED. I want to persevere in my sheng as dan isn't my appropriate and suitable role for me.

So I rather fight against the odds and faithfully believe in my beliefs and align along my principles.

I know that my decision not to be a dan would disappoint some of you. However my decision to stay as a sheng would delight even more of you.

Furthermore, being a TOP isn't my top priority now.

Being healthy and have a speedy recovery from my illness is now my most important priority. ^^

Now I have been "questioned" that since I am lately being sick for quite some time, am I able to take on with the March's performances as I lead in quite a few of them.

Concern is appreciated.

But I don't want to be put down for some mighty goody goody reasons again. ^^

There are some reasons that seem so VALID that you just can't voice out your OBJECTIONS. (LOL)

Anonymous said...

dear all, take it easy! just an ECA maybe a passion not a career or even life..so what make it big in s'pore? dun forget that in chinese opera, the sky then the limit. & there are so many super artistes (humble)in taiwan and china. if one is good, then strive to be better and if not-so-good, then jia you. i always think if a small role can do its part, it is far better than a big role not doing well.. audience will see.. dun forget at the end of the day we learn the art trade out of interest not to be only the TOP-LEAD role, right? get a life, cheerioz!!

amai said...

Hehe....That's where Takarazuka, Hana Kimi and Fahrenhiet cum JIRO came along...(LOL)

JIRO JIRO JIRO

Cheers cheers cheers!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Agree. Health shd be highest priority for all of us.
TOP or Not - is useless if we are always sick and unhappy. so mai dearie: take care of ur health 1st, dont let all these za7za8 affect ur mood.
Afterall, life is indeed not just abt opera. May be it is for xz. But definately not for me.

I just realised that actually yearning too much for somthing may not be healthy - may get hurt easily. xj

Anonymous said...

btw, why did u said "good for xj - her wish is granted"".. May kh bless...."

What is my wish?xj

amai said...

XJ: Remember...u ever thanked xz for giving u a chance to act with the TOP...then followed by a roar and a stare afterwards...(LOLOLOLOLOL)

Anonymous said...

hor... u meant at the makan table ah? aiyo.. that was obviously a joke la. haha..xj

amai said...

Ooops...but u sounded so gleeful, cheerful, elated, chirpy, estastic, turned on, high, joyful, blissful, joyful, joyous, captivated, chipper, contented, convivial, delighted, exultant, gay, glad, gratified, hopped up, intoxicated, jolly, jubilant, light, lively, merry, mirthful,overjoyed, peppy, perky, pleased, satisfied, sparkling, sunny, thrilled, tickled and upbeat etc...

Wow....expressive yozz. One of your strengths is facial expression. So many adjectives to describe...Champion yozz. (LOL)