Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Teochew Opera Version Of The Red Dream Chambers



I really don't know what to say about this......
It is a total duplicate of the original Huangmei Opera except that it is done in Teochew.
In addition, the setting, script, lines and costumes are identical except for its actresses and language used.Even one of the directors is the same person. I am not a pro in Teochew Opera so I can't really comment about the singing...



The actresses are young and pretty but too bad the singing are not sung by them. If only they sing themselves, perhaps it would be much better.

I prefer the original Huangmei Opera version as the actresses may be older but they are much more experienced and experience can only be accumulated throughout the years.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wahahaha... I remembered those "Ferrero Roche"s littered all over the stage! Hahahaha.... XD

A.C.

Miko said...

WOW...almost kissed leh.. aiyoh.. my god.. watch until i ru shen then finish liao... haiz..

Miko said...

my fren said that it isnt teochew opera. Is some other opera type leh. what opera type??

Miko said...

my fren also said that baoyu's voice was dubbed by Hu Juan. well, I think they should just act the show la, dub for wat.

amai said...

that y i mentioned in my blog already...."The actresses are young and pretty but too bad the singing are not sung by them"
Cos of the dubbing, they sometimes not being "natural".

amai said...

oh ya...btw the kissing is still considered not so "nice"...Look at that lin daiyu so stiff....Jia baoyu is better...
I have seen better kissing scenes before...(LOL)

A.C. said...

Not teochew? Then what? 白字戏?正字戏?I don't think so leh...