
We spent one day in Nara, Japan. Nara is well-known for its temples and deers.
The deers are left freely to roam. The males' horns are being sawed off to prevent them from attacking any tourist. I think it must have hurt the deers quite badly. If you don't disturb them, they should leave you alone.
I saw some boys disturb the deers by "baiting" them delibrately with food and didn't give them the food as offered earlier. Some deers got aggravated and started to barge them with their "sawed" horns and of course the humans were not hurt.
I found the deers cute though I was afraid to touch them. ^^

"Say Cheese"...Me and the Nara Deer.

Deers surrounded the tourists for food.

The deers started to fight over a biscuit. If you notice carefully, you can see the "sawed" horns.
I bought a stuffed Nara deer and I hooked it to my bag. I named it Nara after its place of origin. ^^
Juan said that Nara was cute. ^^
3 comments:
there is no 'no feeding' sign?
haha.. so that's a deer.. i din know that..
Dun recall seeing any "No Feeding" Sign...there are stalls selling deer's biscuits.
But I know there are signs that you are not to go too close to baby deers as the mummies may not be happy with you.
Post a Comment