I named this blog as "The Opera Stage"
所谓人生如戏,戏如人生。人生有如舞台一般多姿多彩,甜酸苦辣。
I came across some who asked me such questions;
"Besides your passion for Chinese Opera and performing arts, what else do you like?"
"You seem to blog mostly on operas but what about other areas of interest?"
XJ mentioned that my social circle is small and unlike AC and the rest, they do blog about other areas of interest whereas for me, I blog mainly on operas.
Perhaps I can tell you a little bit more about me so that next time do not ask me why I only blog on chinese opera and not on my other stuff. The rights lie with me, isn't it? (LOL)
I am indeed very passionate about my chinese operas and Takarazuka. I blog mainly on them and sometimes may get emotionally overwhelmed when I watch a super nice/lousy show.
I am not comfortable to blog about my work though I have experienced joys as well as frustrations along the way.
It's true that sometimes I do blog about KH stuff but as you know in the world of internet, spies exists and I do try to keep my views to its minimal. I don't think I would like the idea of getting a coffee treat from the TOP KH personnel and I can tell you that it isn't fun to sip coffee or tea during a solemn conference..Perhaps tears may add to it to give it a final spice. (LOL)
I seldom watch Korean shows and not keen to be a “韩剧小生” as watching some shows are good for entertainment purposes but I am not going to make it a major part of my life as they won't prove to be useful to my opera career in the long run.
Perhaps when it comes to opera performing, I am more practical and I am not the kind to sit in the well and think that the moon is just this big.
That's why I save some money that is enough to bring me out of the country to catch shows and I do find this a fulfiling mission which I enjoy.
I seldom go window shopping as I am quite a lazybone and do not have the stamina to roam in shopping malls the whole day. But I do go out with my buddies to drink and chat about common topics.
Some may think that I spend lots of time with my KH kakis...which in fact can be true or not really true depends on how you see it.
KH indeed demands lots of our time and perhaps explain why we get to see each other often. We don't hang out at shopping malls because most of the time we hang out on the rehearsal grounds.
My other group of friends , the ones that I would go for cinemas, coffee and chitchatting complains that they hardly see me. But they are a bunch of nice kakis as they understand my situation and always gives in. On the other word, I deprive them of enjoyable time that can be spent on other stuff. I am greatly touched as they do not question on my time spent on KH.
The time that I spend with my family is even lesser than my KH, work and friends. My mum nags alot and never stops and yet my situation remains unchanged. I will not bring such topic to KH as KH cares more on its operations than your own private family ties. In another word, it is solely just amai's business and no one else. I think it is fair enough as KH has tons of things to worry about.
XJ is a workaholic and you can only get to see her during rehearsals. So once a while if she could make it to your dinner gatherings is like striking lottery. That's why I don't ask too much now. ^^
Sometimes she bores u to tears smsing topics that only she and the dans are interested in but it is always pleasant to get her smses.
WMY is my buddy sheng, someone that I could talk a little bit more in KH. I don't quarrel with the TOP but we are simply not buddies as our way of thinking is just too far apart.
Leader is someone that KHers fear but also at the same time we listen to at times. Compared to the rest of the KHers, I am bolder and I think I make her blow her top sometimes. Her management is good and perhaps that's why we work so hard and yet don't run. KH may be taxing on our attention and time but it does provide us with good learning environment and the best of all, we don't have to worry about jeopardies as schedules of rehearsals and practices are well-managed.
K has been doing some gatherings for us and it has indeed sparkled our lives. I do enjoy the gatherings that she planned and sometimes those remind me not to spend too much time in work and opera, hence striking a balance in life.
Having kakis , be it in work or opera, is very important and essentials. They are your source of happiness, confidence and courage. If not for the kakis in my troupe, my life opera-ing in the troupe would be duller.
ML is my bestest friend of all because no one would go this far for me. She is the most unselfish friend that I have come across in my entire life. To others, she may seem to be stern and unfriendly. But if you know her character, she is a nice friend. She has pride and someone may mistake that as been egoistic. I take her pride as her backbone - 有骨气。 When the rest turn their backs towards me, she is the only one to help me get up. I am a forgiving person but I don't forget easily. I am a trusting person and yet some can take advantage on it.
I am a scorpion and scorpion supposed to "terrorise" people but I think I don't live up to it. (LOL)
I joke alot, I laugh alot but I also cry alot.
I am a SURFER...some deem me as internet addict. I simply love to be online and blog on topics that I want to share. I have made so many friends in internet, many of them share the same interest as me. To my surprise, many know me when I went to Taiwan to perform. Guess I made a name for myself somewhere somehow.
I can be a panic Queen and stress out alot. This is mainly because I want to do my job well. It is distressing and agonising when you are not being appreciated and awarded with words that you truely deserve it. But I have gone through the hard way and am trying hard in the midst to cope with it. No point whining over things that are unjust knowing very well that nothing can be changed much.
I encourage myself by telling myself to try my very best. Be it in work or in opera. ^^
Thursday, November 30, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Wow, a very detail analysis of yourself and your life. Whatever you do, what is important is that you must be happy and enjoy it. Your motto of "try my best" is great! You have some acheivments which others may never have the opportunity or ability to acheive. A great one is having the opportunity to perform at the Esplanade (shen Gong Yuan).
Hope that you would stay happy always..
pk
Yeah.. u r right ~ think i am quite workaholic. I recalled that there was a 3-4 years period that i was posted to a super buzy and stressful unit - though tired but at the end of it, i kind of stil enjoyed being in that unit ~ may be because i had good bosses and colleagues :)
Thk that was the period where i had no choice but to cut down quite a lot on kh, family and friends.. Lucky all of you are very understanding.. kekek, thanks!
Now that my new unit is less busy (except mth end, qtr end, mid year closing and year end closing!), i am diverting more time to my family, friends, personal stuff and kh :D..
More time for msging, hahah....but ok lor, i will try not to msg those boring stuff to u...
Shhhh... guess what? though i am still in office.. i am busy ready blog while my colleagues are bz working :p
But i cant leave office to go kh (today is jade) cos one of my colleagues is going on 3 weeks leave wef tml - and i have to wait for her to brief me on her work.. hopefully i know how to do her stuff
So when can we have another dinner gathering yozz for DEC? K has been asking yozz...^^
Yes, you always try your best in every show...very motivating to the newbies like me...
juan is a real workaholic...haha...but it shows that she is responsible in doing her job...
Sometimes, I feel that you have to make time for play...:) Then u will feel rejuvenated and can continue to work better...
Post a Comment