Wednesday, May 2, 2007
Bai Yin Fei
This is a very sad video clip, the lovers are actually siblings and they can't be together. I remember watching this show in Teochew opera done by a local amatuer troupe many years back.
The title [琼浆玉露] sounds so nice but it actually means poison wine.
Bai Yin Fei has retired from stage.
Though I am not a fan of Bai, I still feel quite upset to learn about this news.
No wonder Yang has risen in recent years.
Even Zhao Haiying has left the stage after getting the acclaimed Plum Flower Award. (Just read from some online news.)
Sighz......
I wonder is the current TOP of Ningbo Xiaobaihua Yueju Troupe, a Xu-style xiaosheng - Zhang Xiaojun?
I think should be Zhang Xiaojun if the troupe follows by its hierarchy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Was Bai Yinfei a top in the troupe? If so, I don't think Zhang Xiaojun can stand much chance, because she's not a Fan-style actress. From what I see, like Shanghai Yue Opera Company started by Wang Wenjuan and Xu Yulan, so the tops are Xu-style and Wang style, Fujian Fanghua started by Yin Guifang, so the top is a Yin-style actress. Anyway, even if Zhang Xiaojun really became top, it might be a problem, because they have to change some of their shows' music to suit her singing, which I think can be quite "troublesome" lor, especially when Fan and Xu styles are quite far from each other. Yang stand a higher chance I feel..
Usually TOPS get very big chance to get Plum awards.
Zhang Xiaojun got hers about two years or so.
I think Zhang is the current TOP. Yang was 3rd in waiting when Bai Yinfei was a top followed by Zhang.
Post a Comment