Friday, May 8, 2009

Do You Find This Dan Familiar?



Several years ago, I went to Zhangzhou to pay them a visit.

I only got to visit the troupe leader's wife (The Sheng in white). Both the troupe leader and his wife treated us to a sumptuous seafood feast which I was not able to finish. ;P

The troupe leader's wife gave me six sets of their vcds and I combed the next four sets in Zhangzhou.

I found more of their new shows in the web. Apparently they have produced new titles.

I'm going to get my friend to help me to search for more Xiangju titles.

Oh ya...back to the main topic...

You find the dan in the clip familiar?

Hahahahahaha...

She is Lan Hanbin's wife and she has already left Bai Yi Zhangzhou troupe for quite some time. Heard that she is now currently in her family's troupe.

No wonder I found her familiar when I saw her Cuixiang. (LOL)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah! actually i quite like her leh. I find she very cute - her face look like a doll -) and her former troupe adopted many tw songs oh.xj

A.C. said...

There's a lot of such trends.. starting off from small non-professional troupes and then work upwards to government-aided troupes. Anyway I realised many actors who came the other time didn't come this time round. Any idea why?

amai said...

Some of them on maternity leave and some already changed their jobs. The xiaodan that you used to like, heard that she has become a clerk.

A.C. said...

Huh... such a big change in just a few years..