Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Hyperventilation Once More

I hyperventilated again yesterday in the midst of a meeting.

My heart beat so fast that I could not cope with the breathing.

I couldn't speak then and all that I could do was to signal to my Head infront of me.

She was explaining something and got distracted by my hand movements.

The next moment she came over me and help me to tide over my attack.

She had assisted me before and she was the only person who was calm enough to "save" the situation.

I FREAKED out my colleagues once again.

I CREATED another big hoo ha and became the DRAMA GAGA for the day. (Sighz)

The attack this time was bad. My muscles cramped and I couldn't take control of them. I fainted a short while but was regained consciousness after a minute.

Usually hyperventilation hardly leads to unconsciousness but this time I did though only for a little while.

I couldn't walk then and they had to wheel me to the sick bay.

There I rested and slept.

My colleagues came to peek at me to see whether I needed any assistance.

My brother and his wife came to pick me up BUT....

my brother was yaking over his wife's handphone over his new sports car's matter.

His poor sister dying to go home to rest and yet he was still talking into the phone over a non-living thing!

Initially I asked my other brother for help but he had to go to Camp for his reservist unless I could wait till 8pm which wasn't appropriate.

I had no choice but to call the OTHER ONE. My sister-in-law is nice enough whom I used to have misconceptions about her last time.

I was glad that I didn't ask my Dad. He fell when he was at work yesterday and he had sprained his wrist. I hope he would recover soon.

This morning went to see Doc. My regular Doc is outstation again! So the substitute doc asked me lots of questions. He wanted to find out what had triggered my hyperventilation again.

Again no absolute solutions to the cause of the panic attack.

I took a blood test. Test for Thyroid as Thyroid may be one of the causes for hyperventilation.

It cost me a hefty 71 bucks. Again part of my salary went to the Doc. (Sighz)

Oh yeah...one more to add.

The Doc had to ask his two medical students to hold me when he extracted blood from me. I got too nervous when I saw his needle and I started to panic.

He hushed and told me not to hyperventilate in the clinic....(LOL)

I had bad experiences when DOCs took my blood. Most of the time I would end up bruised and enraged.

But this DOC was okie and so I spared him the agony of being "scolded" by a patient. (LOL)

Before I end this entry, DO NOT CRY TOO MUCH BECAUSE PROLONGED CRYING MAY LEAD TO HYPERVENTILATION... I think there is a possiblity because the DOC asked me whether I were upset the last few days.

I admit that I were pretty upset then...... But I didn't bring that out to the DOC.

Lately I am stressed as well.....(LOL)

I really want my HOLIDAYS!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wah..this patient is difficult to serve...can scold Doctor. U r right, crying and stress cause hyperventilation so start doing the opposite!
U need holidays, thought u are already on School Holidays liao, a super long one some more...Just kidding, do go for ur well deserve break!

If u still stress very often, please go buy Mr Beans on Holiday dvd and relax k.. U need to destress..

takecare and have fun!

pk

Anonymous said...

hi.. its me, xj!

i think u must do something. dot let emotion and stress harm your body. shd take control lor.. xj