
There are a few symptoms on Sinus;
Acute sinusitis:
Ethmoid sinusitis (behind the eyes)
- Nasal congestion with discharge or postnasal drip (mucus drips down the throat behind the nose)
- Pain or pressure around the inner corner of the eye or down one side of the nose
- Headache in the temple or surrounding the eye
- Pain or pressure symptoms worse when coughing, straining, or lying on the back and better when the head is upright
- Fever common
(Extracted from Emedicinehealth Website
There are different forms of sinusitis. You may want to check for more info at Emedicinehealth.
I caught a bad flu last year when I was in Hokkaido, Japan. It was later developed into acute sinusitis. I have seen quite a few docs but it kind of never went away till I have to take very strong medicine and whisk a kind of nasal spray. Hence the condition improved. However my sinus is not really fully recovered.
The pain that lingers around the inner corner of the eye or down one side of the nose is really irritating. This causes the headache.
I thought I had migraine two days ago. Just had a little rest and thought that the pain would eventually go away but I was wrong.
The familiar pain comes back and it is haunting me now. It comes at regular intervals just like migraine except the "pain areas" are different. For sinus, the pain affects the cheek and the nose, it tears and pulls and can be very irritating.
Not only that, it affects your sleep. You can't really sleep well and even lying down can make you uncomfortable.
I used up my nasal spray few months ago and I don't think I would want to go through the process of inhaling it. The spray chocked you and you got to let it "drown" you.
I wonder what would my doc say when he sees me later?
4 comments:
Sinus! I have sinus problem since i was in poly.. indeed irritating sometimes. The pain is caused by inflamation and thickening of the nose fluid. If very bad, can go for wash-out. xj
Now my cheek is tingling in pain...damn irritating feeling!
drink some hot water. it helps. or inhale some vicks.
take care hor. cos u would be buzy next week: tues, thus, sat and sun for fish + mon for soya = 5 days kh.
I also 5 days... No monday but got to go on wed to practise fairly dance for temple.
xj
tell me abt sinus...
i hate to use the nasal spray too!! painful lor.. i'm into my dunno how many bottles liao..
can anyone invent sth that can cure sinus? i hate it when it has to be controlled, not cured!!!!!!
Post a Comment