Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Chinese Opera Delights @ Esplanade



Received this pamphlet from Esplanade. It was sent to my house. Wow...does that mean any chinese opera related news will be sent to me? I don't mind to be notified of such details though.

The Chinese Theatre Circle is performing again at the Esplanade Recital Studio on 7th of July. Admission is free.

You also get to learn more about Chinese opera through a pre-talk show conducted in English at 7.15pm, only for the ticket holders of "The Scholar and the Maid".

I presume that Chinese Theatre Circle is a professional troupe. (Am I right?)

Just a little suggestion from me;

Can they do something about their makeup? I believe the makeup can be better especially for the Scholar.

3 comments:

A.C. said...

What I want to say is on the contrary, that of Miss Seetoh! Her "da tou" was badly pasted, out of shape, and her eyes and eyebrows were drawn one side higher and one side lower!

amai said...

I agree about the "da tou". I have seen nicer designs......

Hers abit on the traditional side. Hope she can try some trendy hairstyles.

A.C. said...

It's not a matter of "traditional" or not, but you see, there're obvious big gaps in between the "pian zi", which is very ugly, almost like done up in last minute..