Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Better Start Late Than Never

I never realise the important of savings till I learnt a hard lesson.

My expenses are high as I have to contribute quite a sum to my family.

Previously I did not know how to manage my expenses well and this is one of the many reasons why I did not save for years.

I was young and did not have to worry about expenses as my family provided most of the stuff for me.

I had no burden to carry.

I spent what I used to have.

Things are different now.

I really must thank my friends, CM & FM.

CM made me realise that I could start to save with a minimum amount.

She encouraged me to save no matter how small the amount was.

FM actually drew up a saving table for me. She suggested that I put away a sum in an envelope for my monthly living expenses. (生活费)

After deducting all other fixed expenses and monthly family contribution, I am left with the amount to see me through for the month.

Now you understand why I am so heart pain when I have to pay that $77!!! I am $77 lesser now...

Really cannot afford to get sick!!!

In addition, I only eat lunch as per normal.

I drink for breakfast and dinner.

No worries, I am not on a crash diet.

I control my diet for the sake of my poor fat legs and my little ego.. (LOL)

Self - control... I know it is not easy.

My colleagues bought LV bags recently from Europe. You can see their happy faces..

I only stood there, admired the bags, felt envious and then case closed.

I nearly wanted to buy a blue label but luckily it went out of season.

My cards are cardnapped and I am glad.

Art was sharing with me the other day about her saving tips.

If you want to have something, you save up for it. If the product costs $70, you must at least save up to $140. (Quite extreme right but can be done. ;p)

There are others who really helped me along the way.

I am indeed grateful.

I really am grateful for your kind advice and trust.

No one owes me a living. I am responsible for my future.

Better start late than never.

No comments: