Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Elements Of Stress???



I went to the movie ALONE for the first time in my life. I forgot to grab my cardigan and I was freezing cold in the cinema. The horror and the gore of the movie made my blood run even colder.

So I spent a nice 8 bucks scaring myself alone in the cinema. (LOL)



I needed something hot and filling to make me and my stomach warm after the show. I was practically shivering. I took chicken and char siew rice......That cost me another 5 bucks.

I received an SMS from Shanice today telling me that she must be very stressed. Instead of marking, she went for a hair treatment. She further commented that I was weirder than her because I chose to go for a movie as she could mark at the same time her hair was treated.

Well, I could only say that I have done my fair bit of today's share and no one in the right mind would do such in a dark cinema. (LOL)

But still there were friends who were puzzled why I went for a horror movie and somemore ALONE. (LOL)



One more thing to add was that I "roamed" and "wandered" in my high heels. Imagine for donkey years, I have not been wearing high heels. I admitted that I started to wear high heels just for a simple reason. That is to show off my nicely pedicured nails. I used not to bother as I feel that my toes look ugly so I seldom wear high heels. However after the pedicure, they kind of look better. It would be a shame if I don't show them off. I bought this pair of shoes from DMK yesterday. It cut me a little but not so much as the NODA pair of shoe.(LOL)

So I walked like a dainty lady in my high heels except sometimes I forgot and started to walk like a Xiaosheng. If only I could wear my Xiaosheng's 3-inched opera shoes...They are so much comfortable. (LOL) Who knows the trend may start and you may get to see people wearing them on the streets.

Oh ya, AC wore them out once in Orchard Road, I think.

Vainpot I am, well you will see that I may be getting vainer soon. (LOL)



So I continued my "roaming" after my dinner. I went into a shopping frenzy. Well, not really a shocking one but these are the goods that I bought.















Pictures speak more than a thousand words so I shall not elaborate further.

One friend smsed me asking why I didn't ask any of my opera troupe friends along. Good question......

I meet them at KH most of the time. We hardly go for movies, shopping or play...We rehearse together more often.

From what I understood from YN, her hubby felt that seeing us at KH is GOOD ENOUGH so there is no reason why she should spend her other time with her KH friends. That's why it discourages me from asking her out.

How about the rest? Well, they have their own committments and some of them are workholics and some may just want to spend time with those they prefer. Others may want to spend their time polishing up their opera skills.

I have put in most of my quality time in my opera. It is high time that I deserve a good break.

Sometimes being ALONE isn't too bad afterall. ^^

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow.. nice heel leh!
i guess i am the "workaholic" type - but not that i wanted- my work simply kept coming in =p

If can i also wish can do my own things.. i got so many things i want to do leh.. facial, spa, gym, skat, watch k drama, watch opera, shop, keep hse clean, go holiday with my hub, read comics... so many! xj

Miko said...

I often shop and watch movies alone too. When I shop, I buy alot of things too. Maybe next time I should blog my vanity products at home.. hahaha

A.C. said...

No la... I never wear xiaosheng shoes in Orchard before... only Bugis.. hahahaha....

Going to horror movies alone is no big deal leh... I always do so... but usually when people scream or shut their eyes tightly, I'm the only one laughing... because sometimes the plot's too lame or predictable.. hee...

amai said...

Heehee...to me is a big deal yozz cos I think I was brave enf to watch movie alone, somemore horror show...hahaha

I gonna look out for the next movie to catch.