
Salute to those who are great stage managers.
Tough and sticky job.
It's tougher if there is not enough backstage crew to help out.
I was fuming mad but what else could I do...
Just tried my best.
The most important thing is to get the show delivered smoothly.
Other stuff...(Really no eyes to see)...
9 comments:
Agreed, its a tough job!
I only started to appreciate it after i did a few, esp those full length shows~
Got to watch the whole show, know where exactly are things, find own helpers, set sub-titles, set exhibitions, print leaflets if want to distribute, liasie with MC on speech, climb tie stage curtain etc...and settle anything that come into the way...
Haha - but Ok la - the stage manager de role is on rotation basis now - so all will get to learn !
xj
You really comb so many areas... I think it is too much workload on you.
Till now I don't think I "appreciate" this job. Maybe take some time to get used to it.
One thing for sure, it is really frustrating when there is not enough help at the backstage..
SO WHERE DID THE PEOPLE GO TO???
I can't blame Leader to be angry on that day...
Just that I don't understand why we had to take the blame and reprimands from her when we were present and did our jobs!!!
It is good to have it on rotation basis. Perhaps my frustrations can be "empatised"...
Till now..I am still very sore about it...
Though everything went on fine on that day, I am not going to just swallow my frustrations just like that.
Certain Injustice!!! I just can't STOMACH it!!!
Hmmm..
Leader said stage manager has the right to approach any members to help.
But i think sometimes got to rely a bit on "friendship". Just like the recent Jelutang and TPCC, i tapped on my good relationship with ah thaim and ask him to come very early to help me.
Hmmm...rely on friendship?
Does that mean those who din turn up or whatsoever "看我無"???
Haha..I am very bad at these kind of people-people relationship thingy...
When it comes to work, should be more professional... I don't own the troupe and the troupe doesn't belong to just ME.
All should try to chip in to help in one way or another... Like that is more pro and having responsiblity.
Teamwork should come in, don't you think so though I agree good relationships do help alot.
謝謝合作。。。haha...I like this phrase. ;P
Oh yah....In regards to Leader's reprimands about not chipping in to help should be brought across the whole level and not just to those who were around on that day.
It is as if we take the TOTAL blame for something that we didn't do. Urggggggggggggggggg...
aiyo.. wat talking you? wat看我無"???
As a leader, of course she can expects people to be automatic - cos she is leader mah.
But all of us are only normal members. So of course cannot assume people will help automatically - got to call de.
If you call and they didnt turn up, then of course they will give u reasons lah.
But If you didnt call them, how would they know you need their help?
Who have you called to help - and didnt turn out without explaining their reasons to u?
Anyway, leader already said le.
All must come and help on all show days even if not acting on that day - unless got valid reasons.
xj
Anyway hor, its all about teamwork lah, not just in troupe, applies to family and worklife also.
Sorry ah.
Since we are on this teamwork topic, I grumble a bit.
I have a colleague who has very good working attitude
Whenever people needs help, he will automatically lend his helping hands. Hence when it is his turn to rush jobs, many automatically help him, even without him opening his mouth.
On the other hand, i got another colleague who always sit around and never offer help out when ever people are busy. But when it is her turn to be busy and nobody offer to help her, she will complain to the whole world, say people not automatic, suck up to the 1st guy etc etc.
Cartoon right?
Actually this kind of thing is mirror image de la. If she treat people good, people will surely treat her back the same mah.
But of course there are some real selfish people around too. Got this girl AAA. Whenever she has pesentations, she will be super ON with her sppeches and expects BBB to help her set up PC and projector, order tea and coffee and zap materials etc, as if she is the queen. But when BBB is doing her presentation, AAA will dot know disappear to where or just do a bit surface work when bosses are around.
There was one time where there is no other people around and i asked her to help BBB zap materials. You know what she said?
"Huh? Its not that i dont want to help leh. I am only good at delivering good speeches. These types of logistics are not my type of work".
You say will faint or not.
xj
Leader said get the help of those who turned up...Hahahahahaha...so not many turned up on that day, blame who huh?
What kind of reasons are valid huh?
JOB & TROUPE are different...
JOB is that you are paid to do work...and of course u turn up for work cos u are paid to do so.
Troupe is like what u ever said, a hobby...and not paid...u come on voluntary basis...
Y should they be informed to help???
Isn't it supposed to HELP as a TROUPE??? Isn't it common sense to help out as a troupe?
No wonder Leader so MAD when someone never turned up and said how come Leader never informed that u know who lah...
Post a Comment